Birth Control Options at Green OB/GYN Associates
At Green OB/GYN Associates, we offer the most effective birth control options available today that don’t require daily use. Our gynecologists will explain all your options, from IUDs to permanent birth control, and help you decide which is best for you.
Other than birth control pills, which you must take every day, there are numerous other effective forms of contraception:
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs)
- Mirena® releases small amounts of the hormone levonorgestrel into your uterus to provide continuous birth control for up to 5 years.
- Kyleena® also releases hormones directly into the uterus (so only small amounts enter the bloodstream), but in an amount less than Mirena. It is used for patients who prefer to continue to menstruate while on birth control that lasts for up to 5 years.
- Skyla® is smaller and releases fewer hormones than either Mirena or Kyleena. It offers continuous birth control protection for up to 3 years.
- Paragard® is a hormone-free device that prevents pregnancy for up to 10 years. It works by releasing copper into your uterus, which interferes with sperm movement, egg fertilization, and possibly prevents implantation.
- Intravaginal Rings. NuvaRing® is a small, flexible piece of plastic that’s inserted into the vagina once a month. It releases a continuous low dose of the hormones estrogen and progestin (the same hormones in birth control pills), which work together to prevent pregnancy. This birth control method is discrete, should not cause discomfort nor disrupt intercourse and is easily inserted and removed by the patient.
- Nexplanon® is an upper-arm implant that provides contraception for nearly three years. It releases a low steady dose of progestin to prevent pregnancy. Nexplanon does not contain estrogen.
- Essure® is a non-surgical tubal occlusion procedure we perform in our office. Tiny coils are gently placed in the fallopian tubes. The micro-inserts and your body then form a tissue barrier that prevents sperm from reaching an egg.
If you’re looking for birth control options in Coral Springs, Florida, schedule an appointment with one of the gynecologists at Green OB/GYN Associates. Call (954) 341-2916 – option #2.