Routine Gynecologic Cancer Testing
As a woman, your lifetime risk for all cancers combined is 33 percent. In the U.S., cancer ranks as the second most frequent cause of death for women, after heart disease. At Green OB/GYN Associates, we are vigilant about screening for cancer before you ever have any signs or symptoms. Regularly scheduled screenings like mammograms, Pap smears, and HPV tests can have a significant impact on detecting cancers that might otherwise go unnoticed.
The cancers we normally screen for include:
- Breast cancer (breast exam and mammogram; BRCA gene mutation test only if you are at high risk for breast cancer)
- Cervical cancer (Pap smear and HPV testing)
- Uterine/endometrial cancer (pelvic exam; ultrasound and/or biopsy if you have symptoms)
- Ovarian cancer (ultrasound, blood test, or BRCA, gene mutation test only if you are at high risk for ovarian cancer)
The earlier cancer is detected, the greater your chance of successfully treating it. Our cancer detection and prevention services include:
- Complete gynecological exams
- Treatment for sexually transmitted infections (i.e. HPV linked to cervical cancer)
- LEEP, colposcopy, and biopsies to follow up on abnormal Pap smears
Routine gynecology appointments are critical in maintaining your health and avoiding life-threatening diseases such as cervical, breast, uterine, or ovarian cancer. For a gynecologist in Coral Springs, Florida that you can trust and develop a long-term relationship with, call Green OB/GYN Associates at (954) 341-2916 – option #2.