Convenient On-Site Labs and Pregnancy Ultrasound
The providers at Green OB/GYN Associates offer obstetric care in a warm and nurturing environment that empowers women and families. Our services include comprehensive prenatal care with convenient on-site labs and ultrasound.
Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to create an image of your growing fetus. Obstetric ultrasound is primarily used to:
- Date the pregnancy (gestational age)
- Confirm fetal viability
- Determine the location of the fetus (intrauterine vs. ectopic)
- Check the location of the placenta in relation to the cervix
- Check for the number of fetuses (multiple pregnancies)
- Check for major physical abnormalities
- Assess fetal growth (for evidence of intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)
- Check for fetal movement and heartbeat
- Determine the sex of the baby
Routine ultrasound testing is most commonly performed at about the 20th week and 34th week of pregnancy. Some doctors may use ultrasound more frequently than others. Ultrasound is also used if a problem is suspected.
With our sophisticated equipment and experienced sonographers and physicians, Green OB/GYN Associates offer high-quality ultrasound screening.
For comprehensive obstetric care, including ultrasound, in Coral Springs, Florida, call Green OB/GYN Associates today at (954) 341-2916 – option #2.